Environment, Health + Safety
Environmental stewardship, Health and Safety are core values and critical considerations in everything we do at Dresser-Rand.
A Zero-Injury Culture
- All employees and contractors are expected to work safely as a condition of employment.
- We expect our employees to follow established policies, procedures, and work practices as a means to ensure that their safety and health, and that of their fellow workers, is not jeopardized.
- Management is responsible for demonstrating HSE leadership, promoting safety as a core value, ensuring that our employees are provided with a safe work environment, and establishing and maintaining a management system which includes effective policies, procedures, and work practices.
- Our most valuable resource is our employees and no aspect of business is of greater importance than their personal safety.
- We understand that all incidents are preventable and that safety is an integral part of everyone’s job. Engaging all employees is key to our continuous improvement.
Employee engagement is our capacity to use our employees’ expertise to solve challenges and achieve operational excellence. We believe the best way to make and sustain improvements is to engage people. Our documented process innovations per employee (PIPE), captures employees’ suggestions to improve safety and other processes.
Our continuous improvements and efforts in safety have been widely recognized.
Dresser-Rand continues to be recognized as a leader in Health and Safety. Dresser-Rand Santa Barbara was recently named one of the top employers from an employee satisfaction perspective.
- One of America’s Safest Companies in 2013 from EHS Today magazine
- Industry Leader Award from the National Safety Council (North American operations and Enginuity facility)
- Occupational Excellence Achievement Award from the National Safety Council (North American Operations and several individual facilities)
- Zero Accident Award from the local mayor (Cilegon, Indonesia Service Center)
- Area Manager—Safety Award from the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC India), presented to Dresser-Rand Services India
- Continuous Improvement in HSE Management from Chevron (Field Services Colombia)
- Global Certification to OHSAS 18001:2007 by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA)
- 2013 Southwest Oil and Gas Health and Safety Initiative of the Year
- Exceptional Safety Performance in the Workplace from the National Safety Council
- 2013 Gulf Coast Oil & Gas Award for Health and Safety Excellence